We want our online services to be easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small text files (known as cookies) on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. This is common practice.
- Cookies on this site are used to improve services for you, such as remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page.
- Cookies provide anonymised statistical information to us so that we can improve our content and make the website better.
- Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
- Cookies cannot hold or cause viruses or malware.
Please note that by using this site you agree to the use of some cookies which are required for basic website functionality.
There are different types of cookie that you may encounter when using this site:
- first party cookies: These are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to improve functionality on our site.
- performance cookies: These cookies, such as Google Analytics, are used to collect anonymised statistical information about visitors to the website and the pages viewed.
- third party cookies: These are cookies set by other companies, such as YouTube and Twitter, when using their tools within our site.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the website, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
This website contains links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content, of other websites.
First party cookies
This site uses several cookies – we’ve listed each of them below with more details about why we use them and how long they will last.
Purpose: This session cookie is essential for our content management system
Typical Content: A unique ID (random characters)
Expires: Within a month
Purpose: This remembers if you have selected to hide the cookie message
Typical Content: A flag that denotes whether the user has decided to hide the message
Expires: Circa 3 months
These cookies, such as Google Analytics, are used to collect information about how visitors use our website, including details of the site where the visitor has come from and the total number of times a visitor has been to our website. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and used anonymously. We use these cookies to understand what content is popular which helps us to improve our website.
Third party cookies
We use a number of third party services such as YouTube, SoundCloud and sharing buttons, which may also set cookies. This site does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these and their privacy policies. Some cookies that have been set on our website are not related to HIQA. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, SoundCloud or AddThis, these service providers may set their own cookies. We do not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them.
Local Shared Objects (Flash cookies): we use Adobe Flash Player to deliver certain content such as audio clips on SoundCloud. Local Shared Objects, otherwise know as Flash cookies, are used for this in order to check if your browser supports Flash.
Please note if you disable all cookies certain aspects of this website may not work correctly as some cookies are necessary to the functioning of the website.
- You can enable, disable or delete cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. You can find out how to do this, and find more information on cookies, at: www.allaboutcookies.org
- You can also find out how to disable Flash cookies at Adobe.com http://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer/.